Regulations on Students’ Status Management for International Students of
Taiyuan Normal University
To safeguard the well-balanced teaching order in the university and to ensure the educational quality of the international students, the Regulations on Students’ Status Management for International Students of Taiyuan Normal University are stipulated in accordance with the Regulations on Students’ Status Management of Taiyuan Normal University as well as in combination of the reality of international students of our university.
Chapter I Enrollment and Registration
Clause 1 International students are required to register at the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges within the dates specified on the Admission Notice, along with the original Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW202) and other documents. Tuition, accommodation and other relevant fees shall be paid upon registration.
Clause 2 International students are required to register at the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges in the first week of new semesters. Students who have overdue fees or do not meet the registration requirements are not allowed for registration. Those who cannot register in due time must apply for a Delayed Registration, otherwise they would be considered as absence from class.
Clause 3 It is compulsory for every international student to have medical examination after registration and to pay by themselves. A student whose health does not meet the requirements of the examination must leave China immediately and pay the related expenses by themselves. The international students who enter China should apply for a Residence Permit at the immigration department within thirty days. Disobeyers will be punished by the immigration department and repatriated to their homeland. Moreover, they should take the consequences for the fees and legal consequences caused by their negligence.
Chapter II Mode and Duration of Study
The duration of studying Chinese language for international students is three months, six months, one year or two years, pursuing a Bachelor degree is four years while a Master degree is three years. The medical leave of studies will also be counted into the duration of studying. If international students want to extend their studying duration, they should apply for it by themselves and be approved by the relevant departments of the university.
Chapter III Disciplines and Attendance for International Students
Clause 1 International students must abide by the Chinese laws and codes as well as the University rules and regulations. The University will take disciplinary action against students who breach the rules and regulations in accordance with the Detailed
Rules on Punishments for Disciplinary Violations by International Students of Taiyuan Normal University
Clause 2 International students shall attend all the required classes, laboratory experiments, field work, etc., as well as activities and events organized by the university. If students cannot attend class for medical or other extenuation reasons, they must ask for leave from the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges. Those who cannot return in due time shall apply for an extension of leave and provide relevant statements or certifications to the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges. Otherwise, they should be taken as absence from class.
Clause 3 Registered students shall participate in required activities and events organized by the University and the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges. Those who are absent without any proper reasons will be considered as absence from class and will receive penalties according to the circumstances.
Clause 4 International students have the same public holidays, winter and summer vocations as Chinese students. The University does not arrange holidays in any form for festivals and celebrations of students’ home countries.
Chapter IV Student Examinations
Clause 1 International students must take examinations of all the courses. The final score is composed of the final examination and the performance during the term. The passing score is 60 percent. Results will be recorded into the International students’ result files. Failure of exam will cause them to restudy the course. International students must pay for the restudy fees, and each course should be paid RMB 300 yuan.
Clause 2 The international students must observe the rules of the examination room and must not cheat during examinations. Once cheating is found, the paper will be marked Zero and the student will be given a demerit (Down grading) punishment. Moreover, severe violator will not be allowed to take part in the ongoing exams. During the examination week, if a student cannot take an exam with approval of the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges, he/she can take the make-up examination. Those who fail to take the examination will be regarded as skip from exam. Furthermore, the student will be probated by disciplines. The students who abandon the exam without any reason will not be allowed to take part in the make-up exams.
Clause 3 Students that cannot take examinations and assessments for medical reasons (Doctor’s Note is required) or extenuating reasons shall apply for the delayed examinations with the consent of the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges.
Chapter V Temporary Suspension and Resumption of Studies
Clause 1 Students are eligible to take a temporary suspension of studies under any of the following circumstances:
1. Students who are diagnosed ill by the University hospital or the hospitals entrusted by with the illness will consume 1/3 of the total course hours within one semester for medical treatment. Students suffering from contagious diseases are required to take a Temporary Suspension Studies (up to 2 years at most).
2. Students who ask for leave for over 1/3 of the total course hours in one semester.
3. Students who request a temporary suspension of studies with extenuating reasons, or who is requested a temporary suspension of studies by the University.
Clause 2 Applicants shall submit required documents to the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges for approval.
Clause 3 The maximum period of a temporary suspension for international students is two years. If students suspend their study before the end of a semester, the current semester will be counted into the suspension period. Suspended students are not allowed to stay in campus, attend classes or tests, or resume study for any reason before the expiry date of suspension. The students who do not resume study by the designated date will be considered as permanent suspension of studies. Each student can take a temporary suspension of studies only once.
Clause 4 International students under suspension should return to their home countries and pay for their own travel and medical expenses. For scholarship students, their living allowance will be suspended during their leave.
Clause 5 International students under suspension should apply for resumption to the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges one month prior to their return date, and the students under suspension for medical reasons are required to take a physical examination in the University hospital before applying for a resumption application. Suspended students cannot resume their study without an official consent of the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges. Students that resume their study will be assigned into the lower grade of the same major. If the University stops enrollment of the original majors of those students, they can study in a relevant major with the consent of the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges.
Chapter VI Transfer Students
Clause 1 International students studying in Taiyuan Normal University, such as sick or have special difficulties, cannot continue in learning program. Such students can apply for transfer or suspension.
Clause 2 Under the following circumstances, transfer will not be considered:
1. In case of violation of the University disciplines, poor performance, the school will suggest to drop out or expel such students.
2. Those students who have not paid off their tuition fees and related fees during their studying period.
Clause 3 Transfer Approval and Transfer Procedures:
1. International students from other institutions applying for Taiyuan Normal University are required to apply with a written application by their own, and supply the Transfer Letters (NOC) of the former institutions, Foreign Student Visa Application Forms (JW202), personal files on performance and academic achievements, and other related documents of the international students.
2. International students could register for study after the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges has confirmed the transfer with the former institution and got the approval of the relevant leaders of the University.
Chapter VII Permanent Suspension of Studies
Clause 1 International students shall receive a permanent suspension of studies under the following circumstances:
1. Voluntary withdrawal;
2. Students who do not comply with the resumption formalities in due time after temporary suspension of studies;
3. Students who do not pass the physical examination of the resumption procedures after temporary suspension of studies;
4. Students who are diagnosed with mental diseases, epilepsy, leprosy and the sort, which can seriously affect their studying;
5. Students who are unable to continue regular study due to injuries or disabilities;
6. Students who are considered severely breaching the university rules and regulations;
7. Students who do not register in the due time without extenuating reasons;
8. Students who violate the Chinese laws and receive penalties such as detention or worse by Chinese judicial authorities.
Clause 2 International students will terminate their student status under the following circumstances:
1. Students who voluntarily withdraw from studies without any formal application.
2. Students who do not pay tuition fees.
3. Students who are absent from class up to 50 teaching hours each semester.
4. During the winter and summer vocations as well as school hours, if students do not return to the University without any reason after two weeks of leave, he/she will be expelled from the University.
Clause 3 Applicants or the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges shall submit a written report to the University for reviewing and approval of the permanent suspension of studies of international students. If approved, the Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges will cancel the Residence Permit of their applicants.
Clause 4 Students under permanent suspension of studies cannot apply for resumption.
Clause 5 The University will not refund the fees to students who are under termination of their student status, or who are under expulsion or permanent suspension of studies.
Clause 6 Students under permanent suspension of studies should complete all the required procedures before leaving, such as the campus ID and visa affairs.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Clauses
Clause 1 These general regulations apply to all the international students at our University.
Clause 2 These general regulations will be effective from the date of issue. The Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges reserves the right to make final interpretation of these regulations.
上一条：2. Scholarship Evaluation
下一条：4. Attandences and Examinations