The Administrative Measures of Visa Application and Residence Permit Extension for the International Students of Taiyuan Normal University
These Administrative Measures are formulated in accordance with the Exit and Entry Laws of the People’s Republic of China with the combination of the management situation for the international students at our University.
1. Visa Application
The Department of International Cooperation and Exchanges posts the Admission Notice, Notice for freshmen, JW202 Form (visa application form) to students. Students shall apply for X1 (more than six months) Study Visa from Chinese embassy or consulate in their country by valid passport, the Admission Notice and JW202 Form. Usually the embassy or consulate requires a valid medical checkup report at the same time.
2. Residence Permit Application for Freshmen
(1) Freshmen must enter into China with X1 visa. Students are required to arrive at Taiyuan Normal University as soon as possible, and register at the local police station within 24 hours upon arrival. Since X1 visa expires in 30 days, freshmen shall finish the residence permit applications within 30 days.
(2) After registration at the university, freshmen are required to take medical checkups at Taiyuan International Travel Health Care Center in Taiyuan City. The checkup costs RMB 500 yuan, and three 2-inch photos with white background, as well as the passport are required.
(3) If freshmen pass the medical checkups, they are required to prepare the following documents to apply for Residence Permit: a valid passport, original JW202 form, original Admission Notice, two 2-inch photos, original Medical Checkup Report and the Temporary Accommodation Registration Form by the local police station.
(4) The administrative staff in charge of the international student affairs will help freshmen apply for their Residence Permits in Jinzhong Overseas Immigration Department. It takes 7-15 working days for the Immigration Department to issue residence permits (excluding all weekends and national holidays). Some photocopies of the new Residence Permit will be copied and kept on files.
3. Extension of the Residence Permit
(1) The administrative staff in charge of the international student affairs will lead students to Jinzhong Overseas Immigration Department for personal information collection and Residence Permit application. The required documents include the visa application form, photocopies of the information page, visa page, entry stamp page of the original passport, the payment receipt and other relevant documents.
(2) It takes 7-15 working days for the Immigration Department to issue residence permits (excluding all weekends and national holidays). Some photocopies of the new Residence Permit will be copied and kept on files.
(3) Students’ documents must be fully prepared within two weeks before the expiration date of their Residence Permit. If the period for Residence Permit extension become shorter than the normal period due to personal reasons (such as without paying tuition fees, violation of the University rules, etc.), the students have to take the responsibility by themselves.
下一条：2. Scholarship Evaluation